It has been seen that high tensile and compressive stress forces can arise in continuously welded rail, due to fluctuations in temperature.
To help combat this Thermit provide a technique for monitoring the track called Tracksafe Monitor. The solution provides a mobile, fast, and non-destructive method of measuring the tensile and compressive stress of a rail. This can also be used to determine the stress free neutral temperature of the rail. These are two very important considerations, therefore accurate monitoring is cardinal.
Scope of service
- Prevention of rail buckles and breakage thanks to early identification of potentially dangerous track conditions
- Non-destructive measurement method without the need to unfasten rails
- Measurement of tensile and compressive stresses with minimal track occupation
- Automatic documentation in accordance with railway standards
- Suitable to define tensile conditions and stress-free temperature in between two permanent measurement points which may be monitored, for example by strain gauges
- Our experienced measuring experts will do all measurement work required
- Variable scanning rate alterations
- Precise measurements in any weather conditions and at any time of day
- Generates text/email alerts in the event of exceeding selectable limits
- Data can be viewed in either graphical or tabular form via web portal
- Detailed documentation included