Ballast Anchors, also known as LPR’s, are designed to fit around a sleeper and “Anchor” it into the ballast. The is done to increase the lateral resistance of the track.
Ballast Anchors are most commonly composed of 3 – 4 main parts dependant on type. These parts can include fixing bolts, multi-sectioned cast frames and driving plates.
Ballast Anchors have multiple uses :
- Increasing lateral resistance over continuously welded rails
- Limiting lateral movement of the track
- Prevents misalignment problems – Due to the lack of lateral resistance in curved rails
- Effective for preventing various causes of track buckling
- Effective at preventing creep due to seasonal temperature variance.
Thermit (GB) off a wide range of Ballast Anchors for more information on specific types please contact us.